Become a packing expert and avoid a last minute crisis by following this strategic step-by-step guide on how to pack with stylish suitcase brand Tumi.
MR PORTER meets Mr Jerome Griffith, CEO of Tumi Travel in this short guide to packing for all travel occasions. Use these simple tips and tricks to help streamline your packing process.
1. Choose it. A carry on case will do for a short business trip and a holdall is all you need for a weekend break.
2. Check it. Lay out all the clothes you'll need and fold everything up as neatly as you can.
3. Pack it. Place shoes in the gaps of the runners inside the suitcase and pack sturdier items such as denim at the bottom while shirts should stay on top. Leave larger items such as blazers till last.
4. Don't forget it. Take stock of the essentials and pack an umbrella, toiletries, electronic devices and something to read on the flight. Keep your essentials on you, such passport, money, phone and a tablet to do some last minute online shopping.
6. And if they lose it. Be prepared for the worst and pack an emergency change of clothes in a cabin sized suitcase - just in case. Bon voyage!
Read the full story on The Journal: http://mr-p.co/QWCLLj
Take a look at suitcases on MR PORTER: http://mr-p.co/Eke0OI
Visit our YouTube channel for more style, inspiration and advice: http://www.youtube.com/user/MRPORTER